I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Quentin N. Burdick Programs for Rural Interdisciplinary Training

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Who is eligible to apply...

Applications will be accepted from health professions schools, academic health centers, State or local governments or other appropriate public or private nonprofit entities for funding and participation in health professions and nursing training activities. Applications shall be jointly submitted by at least two eligible entities with the express purpose of assisting individuals in academic institutions in establishing long-term collaborative relationships with health care providers in rural areas. Applicants must designate a rural health care agency or agencies for clinical treatment or training hospitals, community health centers, migrant health centers, rural health clinics, community behavioral and mental health centers, long-term care facilities, Native Hawaiian health centers or facilities operated by the Indian Health Service or an Indian Tribe organization or Indian organization under a contract with the Indian Health Service under the Indian Self Determination Act.

Eligible Applicant Categories:
Eligible Functional Categories:

Institutional applicants must document their staff, curriculum, facilities, rural clinical training affiliates, and other pertinent resources per application guidelines. Costs will be determined in accordance with OMB Circular No. A-87 for State and local governments. For other grantees, costs will be determined by DHHS Regulations 45 CFR 74, Subpart Q.

Note:This is a brief description of the credentials or documentation required prior to, or along with, an application for assistance.

About this section:

This section indicates who can apply to the Federal government for assistance and the criteria the potential applicant must satisfy. For example, individuals may be eligible for research grants, and the criteria to be satisfied may be that they have a professional or scientific degree, 3 years of research experience, and be a citizen of the United States. Universities, medical schools, hospitals, or State and local governments may also be eligible. Where State governments are eligible, the type of State agency will be indicated (State welfare agency or State agency on aging) and the criteria that they must satisfy.

Certain federal programs (e.g., the Pell Grant program which provides grants to students) involve intermediate levels of application processing, i.e., applications are transmitted through colleges or universities that are neither the direct applicant nor the ultimate beneficiary. For these programs, the criteria that the intermediaries must satisfy are also indicated, along with intermediaries who are not eligible.